Troy Cable Assistance Program
The Troy Cable "Assistance Program" is a support program for low-income telephone subscribers. Individuals who may qualify for assistance on their residential telephone service may already receive other assistance from programs such as: Medicaid, Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Supplemental Social Security (SSI), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as Food Stamps), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and Federal Public Housing/Section 8 Assistance. Some individuals may be eligible to receive a monthly credit toward their local telephone service. In order to receive this credit, the residential phone service must be in the name of the qualifying Assistance Program recipient. Through the Assistance Program a qualifying applicant is eligible for up to one credit per household. If you are interested in additional information or would like to participate in the Assistance Program, contact us at
Phone (334) 770-1150 or
Benefits of the Assistance Program may include the following:
- Monthly discount on residential unlimited phone plan of $9.95
- Optional blocking of 900/976 numbers
- Additional phone lines allowed1
- Additional charges and rates may apply for Toll calls
- Optional service features available (e.g., Caller ID, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, Voice Mail)2
Download the Assistance Program Application in a PDF format.
- Low Income Broadband Flyer
- 2013 Federal Poverty Guidelines - 135%
- Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind
- Easter Seals Disability Services
- Troy Cable Assistance Program benefits are only applicable on one phone line at the customer's primary/principal place of residence.
- Optional service features are available and may be included depending on the phone plan selected for the residential phone service selected.
Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Some service restrictions may apply.